Tiger Tank Platinum Indirect Fired Water Heater Limited Warranty
For Residential and Commercial Use
KVC Industries warrants that any parts or components of each new Tiger Tank Platinum indirect fired water heater will be supplied free of defects in material or workmanship. This warranty is valid for units manufactured after March 1,2020 and replaces any other warranty implied or expressed. All the durations, terms and conditions mentioned hereafter are for manufacturer defects due to material or workmanship only, and do not include misuse or normal wear of the equipment. UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED THESE WARRANTIES COMMENCE ON THE DATE OF INSTALLATION. Warranty only valid to the original owner and location and is not transferrable.
Standard Residential Warranty
(* 7 Years Tank, 1 Year Parts)
Extended Residential Warranty
(* Limited Lifetime Tank, 1 Year Parts)
Commercial Use Warranty
(* 7 Years Tank, 1 Year Parts)
|Standard Residential Use shall mean that the water heater is used in a single family dwelling, or used in a multiple family dwelling, provided that the water heater services only one (1) dwelling in which the original consumer purchaser resides on a permanent basis and the operating temperatures do not exceed 140 deg F, and the water heater is not registered online with KVC Industries within 90 days of installation date.||Extended Residential Use coverage shall apply to residential use water heaters registered online with KVC Industries within 90 days of the installation date. This Extended Residential Use Warranty is available at no additional charge. This coverage extends to residential applications only, for the original owner and location.||Standard Commercial Use shall mean any usage not falling within the definition of a “standard residential use” setting.|
- 1. During the first year after the original date of installation in the dwelling, KVC warrants that it will repair or replace, at its option, any defective or malfunctioning component of the water heater. Replacement parts will be warranted for ninety (90) days.
2. Should a defect or malfunction result in a leakage of water within the above-stated warranty periods due to defective material or workmanship, malfunction, or failure to comply with the above warranty, with such defect or malfunction having been verified by an authorized KVC representative, KVC will replace the defective or malfunctioning water heater with a replacement water heater of the nearest compatible model available at the time of replacement. The replacement water heater will be warranted for the unexpired portion of the applicable warranty period of the original water heater.
3. In the event of a leakage of water of a replacement water heater due to defective material or workmanship, malfunction, or failure to comply with the above warranty, KVC reserves the right to refund to the original purchaser the published wholesale price available at the date of manufacture of the original water heater.
4. If government regulations, industry certification, or similar standards require the replacement water heater or part(s) to have features not found in the defective water heater or part(s), the owner will be charged the difference in price represented by those required features. If the owner pays the price difference for those required features and/or to upgrade the size and/or other features available on a new replacement water heater or part(s), the owner will also receive a complete new limited warranty for that replacement water heater or part(s).
5. If at the time of a request for service the original consumer purchaser cannot provide a copy of the original sales receipt or the warranty card registration, the warranty period for the water heater shall then be deemed to have commenced ninety (90) days from the date of manufacture of the water heater and NOT the date of installation of the water heater.
6. This warranty extends only to water heaters utilized in heating applications that have been properly installed by qualified professionals based upon manufacturer’s installation instructions.
7. Equipment returned for warranty consideration, will be evaluated upon the condition of the part when examined by KVC Industries Corp. or an authorized service representative. Improper handling and/or installation practices may VOID the warranty. See the identification label on unit exterior for model number and serial number information.
8. It is expressly agreed between KVC and the original consumer purchaser that repair, replacement, or refund are the exclusive remedies of the original consumer purchaser.
To avoid the exclusion list in this warranty, the owner or installer must:
1. Have a temperature and pressure relief valve bearing the listing marks of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) installed with the storage tank assembly in accordance with federal, provincial, and local codes.
2. Operate the storage tank assembly at pressure below that shown on the rating plate on the pressure relief valve.
3. Keep the storage tank free of damaging scale deposits.
4. Use the water heater in an open system, or in a closed system with a properly sized and installed thermal expansion tank.
5. Make provisions so if the storage tank or any component part or connection thereto should leak, the resulting flow of water will not cause damage to the area in which it is installed.
6. It is mandatory that if copper pipe is being connected to the water heater, dielectric unions or brass unions must be used.
This limited warranty will not cover:
1. Any water heater purchased from an unauthorized dealer of KVC Industries.
2. Any water heater not installed by a qualified heating installer/service technician.
3. Failure to locate the water heater in an area where leakage of the tank or water line connections and the combination temperature and pressure relief valve will not result in damage to the area adjacent to the water heater or lower floors of the structure.
4. Any failed components of the heat system not manufactured by KVC as part of the water heater.
5. Water heaters repaired or altered without the prior written approval of KVC.
6. Damages, malfunctions, or failures resulting from failure to install the water heater in accordance with applicable building codes/ordinances or good plumbing and electrical trade practices.
7. Failure or performance problems caused by improper sizing of the water heater, expansion device, or piping.
8. Damages, malfunctions, or failures resulting from improper installation or failure to operate and maintain the water heater in accordance with the manufacturer’s provided instructions.
9. Damages, malfunctions, or failures caused by subjecting the tank to pressures greater than those on the rating label.
10. Failure to operate the water heater in an open system, or in a closed system with a properly sized and installed expansion tank.
11. Damages, malfunctions, or failures caused by abuse, accident, fire, flood, freeze, lightning, acts of God and the like.
12. Tank failures (leaks) caused by operating the water heater in a corrosive or contaminated atmosphere.
13. Failure of the heater due to the accumulation of solid materials, lime deposits, or water quality contrary to the manufacturer’s provided instructions. WATER CHEMISTRY REQUIREMENTS (RESIDENTIAL USE) – Water pH between 6.5 and 8.5. Operating temperatures not exceeding 140 deg F. Hardness less than 12 grains (200 mg/L). Chloride concentration less than 100 ppm (mg/L). TDS less than 500 ppm (mg/L). (COMMERCIAL USE) - Water pH between 6.5 and 8.5. Hardness less than 7 grains (120 mg/L). Chloride concentration less than 100 ppm (mg/L). TDS less than 500 ppm (mg/L).
14. Components of the water heater that are not defective but must be replaced during the warranty period as a result of reasonable wear and tear.
15. Production of noise, taste, odors, discoloration, or rusty water.
16. Water heaters moved from the original installation location.
17. Water heaters that have had their rating labels removed.
18. Water heaters used in steam boiler applications.
EXTENDED RESIDENTIAL WARRANTY
To register for the Extended Residential Use Limited Warranty, complete the form located on the KVC website at kvcindustries.com/warranty within 90 days of installation. The form must be completed in full with registered owners name, email address, and phone number, the address where the unit is installed, installation date, installation contractor, and unit model and serial numbers. Proof of purchase in the form of an invoice for the product, or a bill from an installing contractor that clearly documents the installation of the unit is required. To be valid, proof of purchase must also include the unit model number and serial number. Submit the proof of purchase to KVC Industries via the directions provided on the website. Owner must retain the proof of Extended Residential Use Limited Warranty. Proof of Extended Residential Use Limited Warranty must be presented when making a warranty claim in order for Extended Residential Use Limited Warranty to be valid.
HOW TO CLAIM
Any claim for warranty assistance must be made promptly. Determine if the water heater is “in-warranty” (that is, within the applicable warranty period) by reviewing a copy of the original sales receipt. You must present a copy of the original sales receipt for a warranty service request. If your water heater is “in-warranty”, contact the retailer from whom the water heater was purchased (or the installer) for assistance. Be prepared to provide the retailer or installer with a copy of your original receipt, complete model and serial numbers, and the date of installation of your water heater, in addition to an explanation of your water heaters' problem. Warranty coverage is subject to validation of “in-warranty” coverage by KVC Industries personnel. All alleged defective or malfunctioning parts must be returned to KVC via the local distribution channels where original purchase was made. NOTE: Any parts or heaters returned to KVC for warranty analysis will become the property of KVC and will not be returned, even if credit is denied. If all warranty conditions are satisfied, KVC will provide replacement parts to the retailer.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES
Your warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from province to province. Some provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. These are the only written warranties applicable to the Indirect Fired Water Heater manufactured and sold by KVC. KVC neither assumes nor authorizes anyone to assume for it any other obligation or liability in connection with said Indirect Fired Water Heaters. KVC reserves the right to change specifications or discontinue models without notice.
LIMITATIONS OF YOUR KVC WARRANTY AND REMEDIES THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES OFFER ARE EXCLUSIVE AND ARE GIVEN AND ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY OBLIGATION, LIABILITY, RIGHT, CLAIM OR REMEDY IN CONTRACT OR TORT, WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM KVC’S NEGLIGENCE, ACTUAL OR IMPUTED. THE REMEDIES OF THE PURCHASER SHALL BE LIMITED TO THOSE PROVIDED HEREIN TO THE EXCLUSION OF ANY OTHER REMEDIES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SAID INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFIT OR DAMAGES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF KVC TO MEET ANY OBLIGATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING THE OBLIGATION TO REPAIR AND REPLACE SET FORTH ABOVE. NO AGREEMENT VARYING OR EXTENDING THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES, REMEDIES OR THIS LIMITATION WILL BE BINDING UPON KVC. UNLESS IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY A DULY AUTHORIZED OFFICER OF KVC. THE WARRANTIES STATED HEREIN ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE AND SHALL BE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER ONLY.